by Katie Gatto on Jul 6, 2010 at 08:11 AM
Let’s say you found a great PDF on the . It has exactly what you need in order to wow your boss. Or, maybe it has what you need in order to win that ongoing argument with your friend. Either way, you need to get your hands on that PDF outside the web, and you do not want to wait for the next time you and your intended target are near a . After all, if you just email it you cannot see the look of utter defeat on the face of the loser of that bet. If that ability is worth a few extra steps, then you have found yourself in the right place. With the help of one app, you can get it done in no time at all.
- Download the GoodReader App if you do not already have it.
- Open the target PDF in Safari on your iPad.
- Tap and then hold the Address Bar in Safari.
- When the menu appears choose Select All.
- Tap on Copy.
- Press the Home button to get back to your apps.
- Open the Good Reader app.
- Click on Web Downloads then choose Enter URL.
- Paste in the URL you just copied.
- Tap OK.
Once the download is done you will see the PDF in your My Documents tab.
You will want to install Good Reader on your iPad before trying this.
Pummelvision: An interesting way to view your images on Flickr, Facebook or Tumblr. Takes your images and sets them to music in a rapid fire sequence. It looks like it took images from the last year. Be sure to turn on the volume. For some reason it is off by default.