by Katie Gatto on Jul 6, 2010 at 08:11 AM
Let’s say you found a great PDF on the . It has exactly what you need in order to wow your boss. Or, maybe it has what you need in order to win that ongoing argument with your friend. Either way, you need to get your hands on that PDF outside the web, and you do not want to wait for the next time you and your intended target are near a . After all, if you just email it you cannot see the look of utter defeat on the face of the loser of that bet. If that ability is worth a few extra steps, then you have found yourself in the right place. With the help of one app, you can get it done in no time at all.
- Download the GoodReader App if you do not already have it.
- Open the target PDF in Safari on your iPad.
- Tap and then hold the Address Bar in Safari.
- When the menu appears choose Select All.
- Tap on Copy.
- Press the Home button to get back to your apps.
- Open the Good Reader app.
- Click on Web Downloads then choose Enter URL.
- Paste in the URL you just copied.
- Tap OK.
Once the download is done you will see the PDF in your My Documents tab.
- Ten Christmas apps for iPhone, iPod and iPad
- More festive apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- Christmas utilities for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- Navigon’s iPad-supporting MobileNavigator 1.7.0 now available
- 25 days of iPhone, iPod and iPad app and accessory holiday sales [updated]
You will want to install Good Reader on your iPad before trying this.